Process Improvement Specialist – Brantford, ONApply
Reporting to the Chief Operation Officer (COO), the Process Improvement Specialist is responsible for identifying and improving the outcomes of operational processes to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as reducing cost. The candidate will also be responsible for leading continuous improvement initiatives for all departments in the organization, as well as evaluating, planning and implementing the improvements in the business processes and practices. Other aspects of the job include team building and group facilitation, compiling and tracking data, and preparing training materials.
The Process Improvement Specialist must be prepared to explain and defend any proposed changes to the current system.
- Identify, plan and implement key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time by reducing wasted time, scrap, rework, etc. resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training/workshops to drive cultural change
- Drive value stream mapping to define “As-Is Analysis” and the transition to Future State
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is permanent
- Provide executive management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives.
- Receives input and coordination of information from various parties, and prepares and presents such information for management review.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement concepts, principles and practices.
- Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Support/change management plans and training plans to ensure new processes are implemented in an optimal fashion, supporting the organization through the various stages of change.
- Develop training programs for the broader team related to the tools and solutions created.
- Participate in training facilitation of key process enhancements where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- 3+ years’ experience in process improvements, cross-functional collaboration and workflow generation
- Travel Requirements: regularly required by the business
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles with change
- Strong work ethic that is able to work independently but also works well in team environment
- Results driven with an ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with and influence others in a fast-paced environment, ability to work shifts as required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and ERP applications
- Lean Sigma Organizational training and certification would be an asset.