Station Manager – Drummondville, QCApply
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the candidate will provide the planning, organization, direction and control for all operations activities of the station and ensure that work meets quality standards, deadlines and cost limits. The candidate will also be responsible for managing and mobilizing the human resources connected with these functions.
- Works with the Regional operations manager to set operational goals, measuring and reporting results on a timely basis.
- Plans, directs, and implements station operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing performance reports in regards to identified Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), budgets and forecasts. Monitors results on an ongoing basis and adjust operations as required.
- Ensures payroll is accurately approved and submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide overall direction, support, coaching and leadership to the station team to achieve prescribed objectives and align department and individual efforts to the vision, mission and culture.
- Develops and leads regular site communication sessions to review site performance, and other local initiatives.
- Monitors, measures, coaches and develops direct reports, ensures adherence to policies and procedures, provides recognition, evaluates and provides feedback on performance, addresses performance and resolves problems.
- Leads their team in providing the highest levels of customer service, both internally and externally, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience.
- Leads and promotes a culture where Health & Safety is a priority. Provides leadership and support for Health & Safety initiatives at the site.
- Holds overall responsibility for ensuring the successful functioning of the Health and Safety Committee. May participate directly in committee meetings or as an active member. Provides a written response to issues the committee brings forward.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- 5+ years’ experience at a manager level in a fast-paced environment, in the small package delivery industry; managing a minimum of 5 to 10 direct reports.
- Proven ability to direct a team working in a fast-paced environment to ensure accuracy, compliance, and a team culture of excellence.
- Embraces change and has a continuous improvement.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow to ensure deadlines are met. Able to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including leadership, conflict resolution and team building abilities.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude with a hands-on and team-oriented work style.